This is an amazing opportunity to help make a difference and save the planet by making a positive impact in a ground-breaking business who truly put safety at the heart of everything they do. Olleco have a number of nationwide vacancies.
Employer: Olleco Salary: £36,122 pa Postcode: SO31 8GD Location: South East
Vacancy Category: HGV Cat C
Place of work
Olleco, Old Grange Farm, Grange Road, Bursledon, Southampton, SO31 8GD
Essential skills, experience and qualifications
Class 2 licence (Skills Bootcamp training) without any DR10 or IN10 (or equiv) offence codes & no more than 6 points. Experience in a customer facing multidrop, delivery or collection role. Waste industry exp advantageous.
Working hours per week
Across 5 days Monday – Saturday
Hourly rate of pay
Varies by location
Other employment benefits
20 days holiday (rising by 1 day per year of service up to a max of 25), Auto-enrolment pension, Life assurance (2 x salary) and BUPA Medical Cash Plan.
This is an amazing opportunity to help make a difference and save the planet by making a positive impact in a ground-breaking business who truly put safety at the heart of everything we do and have big plans for the future.
Olleco is on a mission to help protect the planet, working together with thousands of foodservice businesses to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by hundreds and thousands of tonnes. We are now looking for a Class 2 Driver to join our team and help us to continue to do things the right way for customers, colleagues and the planet.
With over 1,000 colleagues in multiple sites nationwide delivering excellent performance, we supply premium cooking oils, and collect organic waste, which is then converted into bio-methane, electricity, heat and organic fertiliser. We offer the human touch with local, community-based depots which seek to give back to those communities every chance we get.
Within a diverse and inclusive environment, you will have the chance to contribute to our H&S culture and help us maintain our reputation for operational excellence.
As a Class 2 Driver you will be a fundamental part of our team, enabling us to continue with our mission to serve the planet, a purpose we care strongly about and are committed to.
Why join us?
- You’ll have the opportunity to make a difference, help us to become more successful and deliver more benefits to the environment
- We’re growing and so will you be able to develop your own career
- We provide opportunities for you to develop your career, we encourage continuous learning and pride ourselves on promoting from within
- Help us achieve even more amazing things
What do we expect of each other?
- That each of us act like owners of this growing business
- We collaborate to enable us to be the best we can be – especially when it comes to safety and wellbeing!
- We are committed to making food sustainable and ensuring that nothing is wasted so we encourage our colleagues to come forward with their ideas
- Focus on the things that matter and approach every situation proactively and with agility
This is the role that’s on offer for the right person:
- You’ll provide a friendly, professional service and ensure that customers enjoy a first-class experience with Olleco
- Visiting catering establishments and other customers, you will spend some days delivering bins and collecting food waste and other days delivering premium cooking oil and collecting used cooking oil
- As well as using state-of-the-art handheld technology to record your volumes, you will also be responsible for keeping your modern vehicle clean
What are we looking for? As you can imagine, you’ll need a broad range of personal skills to succeed, but we don’t expect you to have everything from the start! We will coach, train and support you, it’s more important that you have the right interpersonal skills and the intelligence to grasp our business and take us forward.
We will be looking for:
- A Class 2 driving licence without any DR10 or IN10 (or equivalent) licence offence codes and no more than 6 points
- Experience with digital tacho cards
- Customer-facing experience
Ideal candidates will have experience in a multi drop, delivery or collection role. Experience in the waste industry would also be beneficial, as would a CPC qualification but we are happy to help with this!
As the role can involve moving and carrying weights in excess of 20kgs, we will provide manual handling training and medical screening to the successful candidate.