Supply Chain Operator (Traffic Office) - Level 2
Overview of role
Managing the movement of goods across all sectors and distances for a range of customers from private individuals and sole traders through to large global organisations.
2 (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
Set by employer.
What apprentices will learn
- supply chain practices and processes - including modes of transport, industry structures, technology and systems
- communicating effectively with colleagues, customers, third party carriers and other organisations - including telephone, face-to-face and email communication
- using industry-recognised systems and associated services
- monitoring the use of equipment and machinery
- time and process management - including achieving objectives and reviewing and improving methods of working
- specialist removals operative or traffic office skills
- health and safety practices, procedures and regulations within a supply chain environment
This apprenticeship is delivered in the workplace. The traffic office apprentice gains the knowledge, skills and experience for managing the movement of goods.
The apprenticeship training is tailored to the needs of the individual employer and is delivered by highly qualified and technically competent training advisors. The programme is a blended combination of on the job tuition plus off the job master classes, workshops, e-learning content and professional discussions.
Additional training may be included such as short courses in dangerous goods awareness and emergency First Aid at work as appropriate.
Before taking their end-point assessment apprentices must:
- achieve level 1 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades D to G)
- take the test for level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)