Customer Service Practitioner - Level 2
Overview of role
Providing customer service products and services for businesses and other organisations including face-to-face, telephone, digital and written contact and communications.
2 (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
Set by employer.
What apprentices will learn
- customer service principles and practices - including customer experience and feedback, internal and external customers, needs and priorities, targets and goals and right first time
- business principles and practices - including brand promise, core values, complaints process, internal policies and legislation and regulatory requirements
- customer service skills - including building rapport and trust, conflict management and influencing and reinforcement techniques
- communications - including interpersonal, tone of voice and verbal and non-verbal communications
- presentation - including dressing appropriately and using positive and confident language
- using customer service tools and resources - including those used to meet customer needs and measure, monitor and evaluate customer service levels
This apprenticeship is delivered in the workplace and at one of our fully equipped training centres around the country. The apprentice gains the knowledge, skills and experience for providing customer service including face-to-face, telephone, digital and written communications.
The apprenticeship training is tailored to the needs of the individual employer and is delivered by highly qualified and technically competent training advisors. The programme is a blended combination of on the job tuition plus off the job master classes, workshops, e-learning content and professional discussions.
Additional training may be included such as short courses in speaking and listening skills or giving presentations as appropriate.
Before taking their end-point assessment apprentices must:
- achieve level 1 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades D to G)
- take the test for level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
Apprentices will be able to join the Institute of Customer Service as an individual member at professional level.