Warehousing and storage - Level 2
Suitable roles for apprentices
2 (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
Set by the employer
What apprentices will learn
- warehouse practices and processes - including deliveries, dispatch, maintaining records, moving stock, packing and storing goods
- using warehouse equipment, machinery and vehicles - including mechanical racking systems and materials handling equipment (MHE) such as forklifts and pallet trucks
- using basic IT - including barcoding, data capture, radio and warehousing management software and systems
- communicating effectively with colleagues, customers, third party carriers and other organisations
- health and safety practices, procedures and regulations within a warehouse environment - including safe driving and operating techniques and working safely at heights
Apprentices will achieve a combined practical and theory-based qualification:
- Certificate in Warehousing and Storage
This apprenticeship is delivered in the workplace. The apprentice gains the knowledge, skills and experience for carrying out the full range of duties in a warehouse environment.
The apprenticeship training is tailored to the needs of the individual employer and is delivered by highly qualified and technically competent training advisors. The programme is a blended combination of on the job tuition and assessment, workshops, e-learning content and professional discussions.
Additional training may be included such as short courses in forklift truck operation, dangerous goods awareness and emergency First Aid at work as appropriate.